The many years of experience of the German Toilet Organization e.V. (GTO) have shown that the connection between this issue and the global problem - around a third of the world's population does not have a good toilet – can make a big difference. Our approach: We put the condition and handling of many school toilets in Germany in center and research together the serious consequences for health, education and environment, with bad or even no basic sanitation supply.
Through a toilet walk to the school toilets with students, teachers, school management and caretakers* the participants experience that the solution of problems can only succeed with the cooperation of all and through mutual understanding for the different interests.
Toiletized world promotes competencies such as
- Recognising the socio-cultural and natural diversity of the One World
- Change of perspective and empathy, communication, judgement and action
- Empowerment to participate and help shape sustainable development goals
Core elements of the project
- A project day at the school – carried out with GTO speakers inside
- Presentation elaboration by the students - preparation for the school's internal action day
- An action day - joint, individually designed action to present newly acquired knowledge in the school environment
Projekt schedule (in German)
The project can be well integrated into the framework curriculum (e.g. social and natural sciences, ethics, religion).